Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Have An Earthquake Day

Wow guys. I really never thought, in all my life of living in Virginia, that I would ever experience an earthquake here! I am not ashamed to admit that I was shaken up by it yesterday. We were sitting in the office when all of the sudden I felt a shaking & heard a rumbling. To be honest, first I looked above at the ceiling thinking someone on next floor had dropped something, well uh, HUGE! Then I realized, "No, wait my feet feel the floor shaking too...". The three of us in my office all looked at each other as we realized it was an earthquake. I posted in the doorway but then the shaking began to feel more violent and we were all like, "Let's get out of here!" My office building ceiling crumbles when it rains heavily, so we felt like it may be safer for us outside. When we got outside everyone was standing around in shock. I gotta say, it was a truly bizarre experience. To make matters more frustrating, my phone hasn't been working properly lately, and with phone lines jammed I couldn't even text, tweet or get on FB from the parking lot. Hehe I know it sounds silly, but actually my brother is in Richmond which is right near Mineral, VA so I wanted to make sure it was alright (and luckily he was).
Magenta Lace Tank - Merona via Target ; Floral Mesh Tunic - Stacy Fran via boutique in OBX; Cropped Black Leggings - Torrid; Cognac Braided Wedges - George via Walmart
Anyway, this is the outfit that I was wearing on what shall forever be remember as "the day the earthquake hit Virginia & the rest of the east coast." Ok maybe it won't be remembered by that name... Something I was grateful for - having worn wedges. I could have still booked it down the stairs in regular heels but my feet would've been killing me while we stood around in the parking lot before deciding it was ok to go back in. In the end, luckily, there was no damage done to our building & no injuries. Though when I returned home, I did get a little upset to find some glass items in pieces on the floor. In other news, yesterday's version of the outfit is a vast improvement over this version.

No comments:

Post a Comment