Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Outfit Mashup - Thrifted Goodness

Last week ended up being a week chock full of thrifted goodness. Of course, I did go to the Salvation Army recently and had some new(ish) duds to break into my wardrobe.

Mocha Sequin Embellished Shoulder Tee - Tees 2 Please via Thrifting; Cognac Braided Skinny Belt - H&M; Brown Tribal/Floral Print Tiered Maxi Skirt - Oltre via Thrifting; Brown Woven Leather Kitten Heels - Franco Sarto via Ross
I was hoping to find some skirts while at the Salvation Army and luckily I ended finding a couple. I was happy to nab this maxi skirt, since I didn't have one already. I like this print since it feels very summery to me, but the color palate will allow it to segue nicely into the fall and winter.

Brown & Black Abstract Floral Print Dress - Alfani via Thrifting; Black Cork Wedges - Montego Bay Club via Payless
I was also hoping to find some dresses but I almost didn't. I had browsed a huge rack of dresses and was reaching the end of the racks for women when I spotted one with a seemingly random mix of stuff. Then I inspected it more closely and came upon this dress as well as the leopard print dress below. Though I'm not 100% sure, I think this dress is some sort of abstract floral dress. But it really doesn't matter either way, because I love this dress. It fits me perfectly and is a nice lightweight fabric, but most importantly it covers my chest well enough that I don't have to layer something beneath it. It is my ideal summer dress!

Teal & Purple Peacock Print Kimono Top - NY Collection via Thrifting; Teal Scoop Neck Tank - Old Navy; Black Cropped Leggings - Torrid; Black & Wood Wedges - Guess via Ross
This top was found while thrifting last year on vacation. As much as I struggle with the fit of it since it's about 2 sizes too big for me, I love it so much, and thankfully the tie back allows me to tuck in the excess fabric. Tops like this are always a little more difficult for me to style in the summer since so many of my skirts flair out and I rarely wear shorts. Luckily for me, these cropped leggings work perfectly!
Leopard Print Bell Sleeved Dress - MSK via Thrifting; Dark Gold Woven Belt - Thrifted; Nude Platform Peep Toes - Guess via DSW
Finally, I found a piece that allows me to get in on some 70's action! I got very excited about this dress. I know it's a little funky, and definitely not everyone's cup of tea. But I love it! I've been wanting a leopard print dress and all the 70's inspired fashion spreads earlier this year had me envious I couldn't join in. All I can say is thank goodness for thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment