Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Have A Wishing for the Water

You know how the most American summer family vacation you can take is going to the beach? Well, the first time I ever went on vacation to the beach was in high school (we went to the Outer Banks for the first time and I fell in love with it!). When I was a kid, my family's summer vacations would take us far away from crowded beaches, usually someplace in the mountains (West Virginia & Tennessee) or up north in New England (Rhode Island & Maine!). But luckily, one thing I never missed out on during summer vacations was the water. We always ended up someplace near a lake or something. For a few summers we rented an awesome cabin on a lake in Maine. When I think of my ideal summer vacation, my romanticized memories of those Maine vacations immediately fill my head.
Navy Eyelet Trimmed Sleeve Tee - Old Navy; Blue & Green Floral Skirt - Merona via Target; Gold Belt - Xhiliration via Target; Gold Sandals - Xhiliration via Target
For whatever reasons, this outfit just reminds me of a summer vacation. Maybe it's the dark navy blue that calls to mind the chilly yet refreshing lake water, or the bright green and teal that calls to mind thoughts of taking it easy and relaxing. All I know is that I am counting down the days until I leave for vacation. Next Saturday David and I are packing up and heading to the coast to visit the wild ponies of Chincoteague and mostly just relax in a beachy island environment. We're renting a house with my BFF, who just happens to be the BF's auntie (that's how David & I met, one day when you're older I'll tell you how we met ;)), so that means it's a family vacation too. We'll also be squeezing in a little mini-vacay with my family before we leave next weekend. We'll be headed down to Smith Mountain Lake in south-western Virginia for a day on a pontoon boat. I am super excited and couldn't be happier that this week didn't seem to drag on as slowly as I thought it would! I've still got to plan my clothing out to pack for the beach & do lots more planning, so here's to a productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment