Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Look At My Nails! - Cracked Purple

I've decided I want to get back into doing my nails regularly. I used to be pretty good about doing them but since they're so time consuming and I'm accident prone I think I got tired of the whole process. And the smudges! Oh the smudges... But that's all in the past. Sure I'm going to experience a few smudges here and there, but luckily for my trusty cans of nail polish dryer it sure makes the job easier.

Anyway! With my renewed desire to keep up my nails comes a new feature - Look At My Nails! I am trying to get into doing them every Sunday since after more than a week they usually look very worn at the edges.

Bottom Coat - China Glaze - Flying Dragon Neon; Crackle Coat - Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat - Ink Splatter; Line Detail - Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen - Black
The first installment is nothing too fancy, but it's still fun and different. I started with a few layers of the purple base coat. Once that was dry, I took some scotch tape and placed it diagonally on my nails so only one half would get painted with the black crackle paint. The middle nails I decided to do all of them with the crackle paint. I thought about doing diagonal halves overlapping each other, to leave only one quarter of my nail with the purple but I was tired and that involved more work. Once I peeled off the tape I did have to do a little touching up and ultimately I decided to use the nail art pen to better define the division between the black and purple. I was very happy with the results. Since the look is a little rocker, I figured what better thing to model my nails with then a studded leather wrap bracelet?

No comments:

Post a Comment