Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Have An Everybody, Everywear Pattern Mixing Day

Eeee! There are many things that I am excited for right now. Tomorrow I'm going to Smith Mountain Lake with my family and BF to spend the day in the water, away from a desk! Then we're coming back Thursday, only to leave on Saturday for our week vacation to the beach! So today felt like Friday almost, and it felt good. :) Last but not least, I am very happy to be participating in the Everybody, Everywear theme this month. This month is all about pattern mixing.

Lace Tee Shirt - Self Esteem via Ross; Leopard Print Lace Cami - Xhiliration via Target; Peach Striped Skirt - Old Navy; Black Woven Belt - Thrifted; Gold Peep Toe Slingbacks - Madden Girl via Off Broadway Shoes
I even had some subtle pattern mixing going on with the leopard print and the floral lace
I don't know what made me put this leopard print cami with this peach striped skirt, but once I did, I really liked the combo. The lace tee shirt beneath was the perfect thing to tie the two pieces together. The look is a little funky and offbeat and that totally works for me. I adore this skirt for the tailored fit, which makes it the perfect skirt to wear high waisted with a top to create the look of a dress. I even had someone compliment me on my "dress" today saying it was fun. Sweet! I love when people get my style and I would definitely have to say that this outfit is a perfect outfit to represent my style. It's got a romantic, vintage feel with a little bit of a rocker edge and best of all it's funky and unique. :)

Welp, I'm off then! I'll won't be posting tomorrow and we'll see about Thursday. But I'll be back in time for Friday, before I say good-bye (briefly) before my week-long vacation on Saturday!

Pattern Mixing | Everybody, Everywear

4 comments:

  1. it almost looks like a dress! i love the height of the skirt on your waist...super flattering and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! I swear leopard goes with everything. But it especially works with the lace here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely crazy about how you put the leopard cami over the lace t-shirt. Sooo adorable and creative. And you did great on the pattern mixing. Hope you have a great vacation!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies for the lovely comments! :) It made my day (more like every day I've thought of them but haven't had time to reply!).

    ReplyDelete