Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Outfit Mashup - Spring Fever

As I mentioned the other day, the weather has been so nice. Yesterday it got into the lower 70's! I'm definitely getting Spring Fever. Just one taste of Spring and I want more! Unfortunately, today is not so nice but, to keep it in perspective, it's not bad either for still being mid-February. Anyways, I do have some business to catch up on so let's do a mashup, shall we?

On Wednesday morning, I was at a loss as to what I wanted to wear.Then I popped open my browser to take a look at my mail and saw on the Yahoo! homepage an article about a fashion blogger who draws inspiration each day from a different piece of art. Of course, unfortunately I didn't bookmark it and can't find the article now. Anyone know which blog it was? Well, I thought that was a great idea and since I was in a pinch for time to get dressed I figured I'd give it a go. I pulled out my The 20th Century Art Book and flipped around until I spotted something that caught my eye.


Organization of Graphic Motifs II, Kupka
Pink Lace Cami - Converse for Target; Satin Embellished Tank - Old Navy; Olive Lace Shoulders Cardi - Target; Nude Peep Toes - Guess via DSW
I pulled the main colors- pink, red, blue and green- from the painting and translated it into the pink cami, red tank, green cardi (& socks) and blue jeans. For my shoes, rather than going with the more dominant neutrals of white and black from the painting, I chose to go with the nude tones. Also, having a new pair of nude peep toes (a product of birthday shoe shopping trip with the BF) to wear may have had an influence in the decision. I kept with the neutral nude tones with the accessories as well. I really like how it came together and I am quite pleased with how well it matches the inspiration piece. Not a bad idea for getting inspiration for when you're not sure what to wear. I only wish I could find the article to give proper linking credit to the blogger who's idea it was!


▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

While Wednesday's outfit was inspired by a painting, Thursday's was inspired by shoes. On that said trip with the BF to go shoe shopping, I got some shoes which I ended up having to return. While browsing around (I was already there, so I had to!) I found these totally adorable black floral print heels. I knew I couldn't leave them behind or I'd be forever regretting it.
Long Olive Tank - Old Navy; Fuschia Lace Tank - Target; Ruffle Floral Blouse - Old Navy; Black Leggings - Old Navy; Floral Print Heels - Me Too via DSW
Thursday was also exciting because I actually got to take photos outside! The weather was pleasant enough and I was out and about taking photos for work. I was so happy. What better time to be wearing floral print shoes and a floral blouse too? Spring is on its way and I wanted to show it. :)

A few things to note. 1) The long olive tank actually came with a sheer dress that I bought from Old Navy. Don't you just love when garments come with extra pieces that you can use separately? 2) The fuschia tank can barely be seen in these photos (the blouse kept shifting upwards to hide it) but when it was peeking through, it did add a little bit extra color to this ensemble. Also, the blouse is sheer enough that you could just slightly get a little tinge of fuschia underneath the black.
The shoes!
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

 The inspiration for Friday's outfit, I'd have to say, was also from shoes. Well, shoes and the weather! I was looking forward to Friday's forecast of 70 degree temps and decided it was the first day of 2011 I would go barefoot in my shoes. Thursday I had eased into it by wearing little lace footies, but Friday it was sans foot covering. And peep toes.
Black Lace Cami - JCPenney; Sheer Pink Blouse - Candies via Kohls; Oversized White Cardi - Target; Black Cropped Leggings - Torrid; Zebra Print Flats - Thrifted
I also decided to be brave and bare some legs. I donned some black cropped leggings and a black cami on top. To add a bit of color to the black and white theme from the shoes, I wore one of my favorite blouses. And just in case I got a little chilly, I layered on top the oversized white cardigan. I was comfy but felt chic with the layering and varied lengths which played on proportions. I also enjoyed the beautiful weather!

Have a fantastic weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment