Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Have A Spoils of Thrifting Day

I'm feeling so much better with a full night's sleep between myself and this past week! Although, I gotta admit it didn't end so bad. The BF took me shopping for my birthday last night. SHOE SHOPPING! Yeah, definitely not a bad way to close out the week. :)

So as I mentioned, last weekend on my thrifting trip I scored a sweet velvet blazer, still new with the tags. Out of all the things I was hoping to find that day, I was on the hunt specifically for a velvet blazer. Not only did this one fit perfectly but I loved the color! Later, I realized it's pretty close to the color of the year for 2011. Awesome and unintentional!  After a trip to the dry cleaners, I was ready to wear it on Thursday. My first thought was to pair it with some jeans and a top. But wait, I'd worn jeans twice already this week. I needed to change it up a bit.

70's Sundress - Something New, Something Old; Velvet Blazer - Thrifted; Brown Wedges - Target
So I got to thinking and decided on this vintage 70's dress, which draws perfectly from the color of the jacket without it all being too overwhelming. I had these shoes in mind (also recently re-discovered in the box in basement) because they have a nice vintage feel to them. But my next challenge was to figure out how to bring it all together with my legwear. Aside from the lighter browns in the buttons of the jacket, there's no brown on my top half. Then I thought of these tights. They have a red floral pattern running up the sides, and are brown, but not too dark brown that it would make my bottom half look heavy. And voila! It was an instant success. Plus I got a lot of complements on my lovely new blazer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment