Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Have A Stylish Day - Thought Jar

Welcome back to Monday lovely people! If you are a sports or football fan, chances are likely that this is a particularly rough Monday for you. While I myself could care less about the Superbowl (except the commercials), my Monday started off a bit shaky as well. I slept in due to an upset tummy (thank you, Olive Garden!) and in turn was off to a late start today. I also forgot my flash drive at home, with last Friday's outfit photos which I was hoping to work on today. So I decided to start a new feature - the Thought Jar. It's just a place for me to keep some random thoughts and hopefully offer you to get a better chance of getting to know me. :)

So Saturday was actually my birthday. I went on a thrifting haul with the BF into Maryland to check out a bunch of stores that I've never been to. I got pretty lucky and scored some sweet finds including a brand new Candies maxi dress with the tags still on and a red, velvet blazer that fits perfectly, also with the tags still on. The BF also got lucky with an awesome Nascar racing jacket. I had a lot of fun but unfortunately since we got out on a late start we didn't cover nearly as many places I wanted to. But that just gives me an excuse to do another thrifting haul very soon. There are also a bunch of vintage consignment shops that I want to hit up so there's much to look forward to on that front!

Since it was my birthday, I did a little early shopping on Friday. I have long been searching for the right pair of red heels. When I was a little girl, my grandmother always used to buy my red patent leather Mary Janes. I used to adore those shoes and I always felt so special on our trips to go pick out a new pair. There's just something about wearing red shoes, and even at age 3 I knew it. On Friday I found the perfect pair on Ideeli.com from Poetic License. The style is called Egyptian and let me tell you, they are to die for! They call to mind Dorothy's ruby red slippers and also bring some art deco flair with them. I am in love and cannot wait for them to arrive! :)

My new red heels! Happy birthday to me! :)
On a completely unrelated to fashion/style note, I have come into possession of some vintage ephemera from an estate which I recently saved from being trashed. I know that there is a definite market on eBay for vintage ephemera, but I've never had any experience selling anything on there before. Anyone know where to start or have some tips/advice? The kind of things I have are photographs, slides, handwritten letters, vintage National Geographics, old children's books and so on. Definitely some neat stuff, just gotta figure out this whole eBay process now...

Lastly, did anyone catch SNL this weekend? I don't really watch that show much these days, but Dana Carvey was hosting so I watched a bit. I grew up watching SNL from the early-mid 90's and imho those were definitely the best years (at least from the years that I was alive and able to watch first-run episodes). Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, David Spade...and the list could go on! It was fun to see two of Dana's most memorable characters return - Garth from Wayne's World and the Church Lady. What did you think? Who were you favorite cast members and/or characters from SNL?


Anyhoozle, time to get back to work! Everyone have a wonderful Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment