Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Have A "Hello World I'm Back!" Day

Hi there....you remember me? Yeah, I've been missing for a few months. I'll spare you the details but basically life has been dealing me a lot stress lately and in December it all just came to a head. So I dropped off for a while to go find my head and de-stress a little bit. Luckily it's been working and I've been feeling a lot better these past few weeks. I know I should have said something, even if it was just a little note that I'd be back once I was feeling better. So for that I apologize. I promise if I ever need to take a break again, I'll at least tell you!

But now that I'm back, I want to focus on moving forward! Even though I wasn't blogging, I was still taking photos. So I've amassed a collection of outfit photos that need to be posted. But short of doing one really giant, over-sized and unnecessary mash-up post, I'm going to post them on Flickr and then link to the photos here. So look for that in the next week or so. And I'm planning to do some other things too, so keep an eye out.

But first, I gotta get back in the groove a little.....

Tuesday was the first day of February and it seemed like a good day to start back up on. With the cold as intense as its been, I've been getting a lot of use out of my leggings this season. Tuesday was no exception. While I like the look of jeans, I detest how cold they can get. These jeggings are quickly become a wardrobe staple of mine. They look like jeans but are so warm and comfy!

With Spring fashion everywhere, I have been taken by the bright, neon colors. Being in the doldrums of winter, I really like using Spring as inspiration now to shake things up. This bright, floral print peasant blouse does just the trick.

Floral Peasant Blouse - Old Navy; Grey Lace Long-Sleeved Tee - Charlotte Russe; Jeggings - DSW; Grey Suede Buckled Pumps - Target
 At first I was at a loss as to what to layer beneath the blouse. I really didn't want to overwhelm with color but black seemed too harsh. Then this grey lace long-sleeved tee popped into my mind and I knew it would work. I really like how it sets the color of more intensely.

Again, with my feet, I didn't want to go overboard on the color. I figured grey pumps would be the perfect complement to fuchsia socks. And the jewelry I kept minimal (Gasp! Me? Minimal accessorization?!). 

I think this look totally works. It's super casual and comfy but also very feminine and fashionable. On days when I'm not dressing up, this is how I like to look!

No comments:

Post a Comment