Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Have A Romantic Holiday

So while I wore a more obvious outfit for Valentine's Day on Friday (and Sunday), I still had to wear something on Monday for the actual holiday! I decided to go for a romantic look and feel, without it crying out "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!" (since I did do that already.)
Lace Dress - Target; Umber Top - Thrifted; Suede Booties - ShoeDazzle
I had this dusty rose colored lace dress in mind, because what says romance more than pink lace? To offset the obviousness, I layered an umber colored top that has some textured sleeves under the dress. Next I piled on more lace in the way of lace stockings. To top off the look (or bottom if off rather?) I donned my new booties. One slightly disappointing thing to note, is that since the lighting in my room leaves much to be desired, I thought the hue of the shirt and the booties more closely matched. But I think the black satin sash I tied in a bow below my bust, along with the black stockings and black trim of the booties, helps to ground the look so it's less of an issue that the top and bottom colors don't match up completely.

What do you think? Do you prefer to go for bold and obvious looks or more understated looks for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment