Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Have A Braided & Studded Day

Oh wow, you don't know how happy I am that it's Friday and this week is almost over. It's been a hectic one. But I've got lots to catch up on and I'm determined to not have to do a mashup of all the outfits.

Here we are, back to Tuesday, which seems like so long ago already. I wanted to wear this thrifted sweater with these gold flattened pyramid studs on it. But I was at a loss on how to style is and specifically accessorize it. I mean, the top itself is almost an accessory with all the hardware.

So I thought KISS. Lol, no not the band! Keep It Simple, Stupid - I remember learning that in school, though I'm a bit foggy on what the application was at the time. But especially when it comes to design (and styling is a designing after all) it's a helpful acronym to remember. However, I like the updated version since it's less self deprecating. Keep It Short & Simple. Or how about Keep It Short & Sweet? Ok well I've digressed...
Studded Gray Sweater - Thrifted; Gray Striped Tank - Old Navy; Jeggings -DSW; Cognac Braided Belt - H & M; Cognac Wedges - Walmart
Anyway, so yes. I decided to keep it simple. I discovered these shoes in a box (from my last move from 2 years ago) in my basement over the weekend and was thrilled that the cognac color and the braided texture complement this skinny belt I have. So the belt & shoes were definitely in, but I couldn't wear the belt at my high waist like usual. So I decided to go for a drop waist look here. The layered tank underneath helped to add a little length so I could pull the drop waist look off better, in my opinion. I added some simple gold accessories to keep the rest of the look understated & tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment