Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Have A 'National Wear Red Day' (Or Black & Yellow)

Thursday was "National Wear Red Day" to raise awareness and show support for women with heart disease. And today is the Super Bowl, the day wear tons of people will be wearing black and yellow to show support for their football team. I really had no planned intentions of combining the two days, but it's weird how it happened! And really I'm more of a supporter of women's causes than I am sports. But I can't lie either, I do love me some black and yellow in my outfits. Now green and yellow, I haven't tried that yet...but I can't knock it either! :)
Red Lace Cami - JCPenney; Gold Ruffle Oversized Cardi - Old Navy; Gold Banded Scallop Skirt - HauteLook; Black & Gold Braided Belt - Target; Black Leggings - Target; Black Peep Toes with Gold Studs- Payless

So obviously I knew I was going to wear red. I also knew I wanted to wear this skirt, which I had recently received from online. The question was, how? Since the skirt is banded, I tucked the cami into the skirt and wore the skirt band at my high waist. Viola! It almost looked like a dress.

Then I fretted a bit over what type of cover-up to layer on top, until finally deciding on this oversized cardi. I like that it is just as long as the skirt here, though I was at first afraid it might be too bulky. But the waist band and the belt help to create an hour glass silhouette, so it's totally working for me. With the leggings layered under the skirt, the peep toes and the other accessories to finish the look off, I have to say it's one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment