Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Have A Photo Makeup Day

You remember in school when they would have makeup days for photos? Well Sunday was my makeup day for Friday's photos. I had worn this outfit on Friday but was so tired I wasn't up for photos by the time I got home that evening. Which made me kind of sad because I was really loving my outfit. So I decided there was no reason why I couldn't rewear it on Sunday and take the photos then.
Black Lace & Flocked Blouse - Lane Bryant; Camo Skinny Leg Pants - Old Navy; Leather Biker Jacket - Burlington Coat Factory; Guess Platform Wedges - Ross
This outfit falls into the realm of pushing myself beyond my normal clothing boundaries. First of all, I have never really been a huge fan of camo print. But for the past few years I've been wanted to give the look a try. So when I saw these skinny leg ones at Old Navy, complete with a gold zipper on each leg, I knew I had found the pair for me. Then another look that I've never really been that interested in before is the motorcycle jacket. This season I have become obsessed with them. I'd seen a couple of HauteLook.com or BeyondTheRack.com and seriously debated with myself on whether to make a purchase. But because I have wide shoulders and a broad chest I was afraid to risk it without being able to try it on first. Then when I was at Burlington browsing for nothing in particular I saw this baby and it was love at first sight.

The BF and I decided to take a little drive after breakfast Sunday morning. We ended up in Woodbridge, VA right outside of Leesylvania State Park, on a little peninsula in the Occoquan Bay. Along the road we were driving, I saw a path that led down to a clearing at the waters edge and knew I had to stop for photos. It was just too gorgeous to not take some photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment