Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Have A Rocking Romantic Day

Do you ever have a day where you feel your outfit has multiple personalities? I know I do and it seems it is often on days when I'm mixing romantic elements with edgier elements. Not that I don't feel like they can't go together or that it doesn't look good, because I definitely love the idea of contrasting the two together.
Cropped Fitted Jacket - Burlington Coat Factory; Silver Sequined Tank - Target; Pleated Embroidered Skirt - Coldwater Creek; Silver Flats - DSW

So I was bad you guys. Remember how I was debating with myself on whether to get this oversized sweater, at the same time as purchasing this leather jacket? Well I left out the part about this here jacket...and how I had to get it as well. As I said I was definitely looking for a biker inspired leather jacket and I found that. But when I saw this jacket, I couldn't bring myself to put it down. There are biker elements to it but its got more of a rocker feel. Plus unlike the leather jacket, this one is structured with panel that create a bodice. I just knew, like the sweater, that I would be sorely regretting leaving it behind.

This outfit was actually inspired by an outfit in a magazine. On Monday while I was home sick, I took the time to attack my built-up pile of magazines to rip out the pages that hold inspiration for me. Now I'm slowly starting to get them organized into a binder. The page with the outfit was about shopping your closet and creating a new look by taking a pleated skirt and simply adding a fitted blazer over it. The pleated skirt I had, the blazer I did not (still on the hunt for one) but I think the cropped jacket does just fine. I really like the silhouette the jacket creates when layered on top of the skirt. Since it is a fuller skirt and it's longer than most of my skirts, I would have liked to see how this outfit would have looked with some heels but it was Tuesday so I went with flats.
I wanted you to see how full this skirt is. Mostly Also, I wanted to twirl around on camera. Heh, this is the kind of skirt I would have loved when I was a kid, providing myself with endless hours of entertainment by simply twirling around with my skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment