Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Have An Inverse Bleed Blue and Gray Day

So I must be on a gray/silver kick considering the last few outfits (minus the black and gold one). But I really wasn't consciously aware of the fact until I looked at the photos from today. That's when I realized not only have I been wearing a lot of gray but I also ended wearing almost the exact inverse of this outfit from last week. Weird huh? And totally unplanned, I swear!

Oh yeah, these photos feature Pearl because she was just so antsy to go outside and she thought that since I was at the front door that must have meant I'd let her out. Sorry kitty girl, but no. Taking a small black cat out in the dark, who also loves to dart away quickly, does not a fun time make.


Deep V-Neck Sequined Camisole - Macy's; Jean Scoop Neck Jacket - Target; Skinny Leg Jeans - Old Navy; Silver Wedges - Payless
I was in the mood for wearing this jean jacket but wasn't sure what I wanted to layer beneath it. The last time I wore this, I paired it with a dark purple camisole, and I liked the look. However, this time I was wanted something that was going to pop out from beneath this jacket. I think this sparkly sequined cami does just the trick, which I settled on after much deliberation. I bought this shirt back in the Spring but I've only worn it once so far because of how truly deep the v-neck plunges. I've been meaning to shorten the length on the straps which would hopefully make the top more wearable. But yeah, as I said I've been meaning to. But layering it under this jacket worked to cover my décolletage. I also am digging the play on the neckline with the cami v-neck and the direction of the jacket creates an opposing v.


And don't worry, the next outfit post will be much more colorful. I have noticed that I sometimes get on a kick for a certain color without even noticing it, and even after I do notice, it's hard to stray from that color until I'm over the kick. But I promise I have been paying attention to add more color since I've realized I started a gray kick. With the days getter shorter, I definitely need color in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment