Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Have A Romantic and Cozy Fall Day

Ack! I am falling behind again now, aren't I? Here it is already Thursday but I'm just now posting the pics from last Friday. *Forehead smack* I swear as quickly as the time goes I feel like I am just moving more slowly! I already have a plan to do a post on some of the stuff that has been taking time away from me for blogging, so look for that this weekend.
Black Lace Tank - Target; Pink Sheer Blouse - Kohl's; Gray Oversized Sweater - Burlington Coat Factory; Skinny Leg Jeans - Old Navy; Cream Oxford Peep Booties - Seychelles
 
So this outfit is going in the faves book. If it weren't for the shoes, this would be a look I would say for certain I could wear every day. As smitten I am by the booties still, they are not the most comfortable. But they sure make the outfit here, don't you agree? While I sitting at my desk, a friend passed by in the hallway, and came in to see my shoes because she says that it's always the shoes I'm wearing that really take it to that next level. I sure appreciate other people noticing my efforts. I really do try to pay attention to all aspects that come together to make the outfit, but I usually pay special attention to the shoes. Of course, there are days that I'm rushing around and don't have enough time to focus on the shoes or when I have to wear flats no matter if they are the best fit or not.

With Fall in full swing I have been drawn, more than any other year, to jackets and sweaters to help me feel cozy. I'm have never particularly been a jacket person and I have definitely not been a sweater person. But this year I found so many options that turn my view of those items on its side. This sweater is definitely one of those options. I really wish I could wear it every day, but I don't want it to wear out quickly. I thought of layering this heather gray sweater with the sheer blush pink blouse while I was in the shower. But I didn't know what to layer beneath the blouse. I didn't want to do gray since I feel like I've worn that color a lot lately. But I didn't want to do pink either. And as simple as black would seem, I actually need to buy a plain black tank or cami since all of mine are patterned, have ruffles or whatever. I decided to see if layering a sheer black lace tank under a sheer pink blouse would work. Surprisingly and happily it did work! Since the pieces were already starting to take on a romantic tone I went with it, with the pearl necklace & bracelet and some vintage cream colored earrings with a mother of pearl inlay. And definitely, the booties topped the looked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment