Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Have A Stylish Day - Outfit Mashup - Catching Up

I haven't posted since last Wednesday....can you ever forgive me? Or more like can I forgive myself? I have felt so guilty for not posting, though I swear I've been so busy. In fact yesterday my body had had enough of it and made me stay home sick. But I am back on my feet again and need to catch up on some outfits. I only have outfits for Wednesday and Thursday, but the one I wore Friday I'm going to seriously rewear this weekend because I was very pleased with how it came out. Anyhoo, let's flash back to last Wednesday...

Ruffled Cardigan - Macy's; Halter Pleated Silk Dress - Parrot Bay Trading; Black & Grey Satin Peep Heels - Target 
  
 As you can clearly see, I was in an all-out dressy mood Wednesday. I got this halter dress over the summer and thus have not spent much time considering how to wear it in the Fall/Winter. Due to the halter neckline, it poses a bit of a challenge to find pieces to layer over it that don't look weird with the neck. I was a little afraid that the ruffles on this cardigan were too much, what with the pleats and silky texture of the dress. But these photos are proof to me that it was a great combo. It's hard to tell here, but this dress has black, gray and brown. So I decided to play a little bit with the neutrals by wearing a gray cardigan, brown tights & black/gray heels. What I really wish I had is a killer pair of red pumps because I think those would have taken this outfit to the next level.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Embroidered Bib Tunic - Old Navy; Brass Embellished Leggings - Syms; Leopard Print Flats - Old Navy

Thursday was my "take it easy" day. Drawing class and sewing class, plus work, all in one day really take a lot out of me. So comfort is key especially. Lately that has been meaning leggings. Yay! I realize though that I need to plan some more leggings-centric outfits because I'm quickly running out of fresh ones in my arsenal. Looking at the photos, I'm realizing my shirt was fitting about an inch or so higher than I had originally thought, but to be honest I was comfortable with the length while wearing it so it wasn't really an issue. The leggings were a bit too tight (shiny) so I wore some black stocking underneath, which was also a great fix for covering my feet. As much I love silver and black, for the last few years I have really fallen in love with black and gold. So with the accessories I went all out- black and gold hoop earrings, black and gold zipper flower head band and a black and gold pyramid stud bracelet. And for the belt I used a thrifted scarf with a metallic leopard print. Definitely an easy yet cute outfit to pull together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment