Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Have A Stylish Day - Outfit Mashup - Mega Mashup

Ack! I am way behind and have many outfits to present to you. So let's get started, shall we?

Monday
I must admit, I really do love the hard vs. soft look. I found myself looking for a floral print top to further contrast the jacket and realized I really don't have any floral print tops other than this one. But it totally worked and I loved playing off the color of the top with the tights. The shoes were a happy medium between the two extremes, I think because they have a cute bow with rhinestones but the texture of the black leather lend a rough edge to the look.
Floral Print Embellished Top - JCPenney; Jean Pencil Skirt - Old Navy; Leather Jacket - Burlington Coat Factory; Black Bow Peep Toes - Burlington Coat Factory

Tuesday
I like how this outfit came out. Again in playing with contrasts, I wanted to wear a drapey flowy top against the linear and skinny shape of the pants. Even though the teal color isn't in the print, I thought it was fun to add it to the mix with the shoes and the feather hair clip. For being a pretty monochrome look I think the teal is a little unexpected but totally works. I don't know if it's just me, but I love printed socks and was excited to be able to wear these cool gray polka dot socks. I like how the bib necklace mimics the neckline of the shirt and, along with the hair clips, adds some glamor to the look.

Gray V-Neck Drape Top - Marshall's; Camo Print Skinny Leg Pants - Old Navy; Teal Peep Toe Wedges - Payless

Thursday
Ok I gotta admit this outfit was pretty easy. The kit top was a go-to piece of mine last Fall and it's easy enough to pair it with a tank that matches a color from the pattern. Wearing the tank and top combo just seems natural and comfortable. I went with a gold accessory theme and as a last minute whim threw the brown and gold woven belt over everything. I like it, though I think it may be a little too much...The necklace I'm wearing is one that I designed. I'll have to show it to you sometime.

Cropped V-Neck Knit Top - Dots; Olive Tank - Old Navy; Skinny Leg Jeans - Old Navy; Metallic Gold Ruffle Flats - Old Navy

Friday
After a pretty casual week, I was in the mood to go all out dressy. I've been wanting to wear this bed jacket for a while and decided to pair it with this dress. I wish the colors came across better in the photos, but I just love the richness of the plum and gold against each other. To continue to romantic,dressy feel I wore black floral lace stockings.


Plum Empire Tank Dress - Ross; Gold Lace Bed Jacket - Thrifted; Black Peep Toes - Payless

P.S. - I know I said that I'd have a post up this weekend about some of the other stuff that's been going on in my life, but obviously that didn't happen. I promise I did not forget about it though, I will get to it sometime this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment