Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Have A Stylish Day - Outfit Mashup - Bright Colors


Whew, what a week! I am so happy that it's Friday because it has been another whirlwind of a week. I've got outfits for Tuesday and Thursday (Wednesday I got a massage and had oil all over myself when it was done...so needless to say I was not in photo taking condition!)


I was in the mood for wearing a dress Tuesday and I hadn't worn this pink one in a while. It's a sleeveless dress so I needed to cover my shoulders with something as the cool weather has finally come back to us here. Instead of going for my standard cover up of a cardigan, I wanted to play with mixing patterns and colors by using a large scarf as a vest almost. I draped it over my shoulders and down my sides then I belted it with my black woven belt.
Black & Pink Graphic Print Dress - Ross; Floral Print Scarf - Old Navy; Belt - Thrifted; Black Patent Pumps - Payless
I really enjoy how this scarf looks over the dress. The pink of the dress is picked up in the scarf, plus the blue and teal colors mix nicely with the pink. Another thing I like is that since the scarf was large enough, it gave me like these pseudo kimono sleeves. I'm definitely digging the look, how about you?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 I've been starting to realize that I really don't wear too much color on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to drawing class. Even when I wear black, I hardly mix a lot of color in with it. I've been wanting to wear this giraffe print belt with this brown shirt dress for some time, but have been waiting for it to be cool enough. Finally Thursday I decided the time was right to debut the look. As I was trying to figure out what cami to layer under the dress & what stockings to wear, I looked at the necklace that I ended up wearing for inspiration. It has all these nice jewel tones in it plus some brown accents. Perfect! The purple cami and teal tights pulled the look together quite nicely.
Brown Shirt Dress - Target; Purple Lace Camisole - Target; Giraffe Print Belt- Thrifted; Gold Pointy Flats - Payless
With the rest of the accessories I decided to go all gold from my earrings to my cocktail ring to my gold flats. And I got a lot of compliments that day on my outfit. I was even surprised when this young teenage guy complimented me on my tights. I had no idea that young guys even paid attention to fashion like that! Lol. :)

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment