Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Have A Stylish Day - Outfit Mashup - Thanksgiving Week

Whew, can you believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone? Now we're in the homestretch for the end of this year and it will be 2011 before we know it! I tell you, I really needed the last few days of Thanksgiving break to get some rest. At first I had high ambitions to tackle lots on Thursday from blogging to school work...but soon enough I realized that there were already enough natural stresses that day and I didn't really need to add any more. Then yesterday I really wanted to get some stuff done but things just did not go as planned. But now I am back at it! I have much to get done this weekend and not much time to do it.

I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgiving holidays. I spent mine at home with my parents, my younger brother, my boyfriend and his mother. My father also invited over an older gentleman (who is a client of ours) and his nephew, since they did not have plans for the holiday. Thanksgiving for me can mean a lot of things, and brings about many memories of Thanksgivings past. But above all else, the holiday is about truly being thankful for what we have, and enjoying and appreciating the company of those sharing the day with us. It's nice to have a day like that to help put things back into perspective, especially when I've been so caught up with getting day-to-day things taken care of. It can be easy for me to forget how lucky I am when I am constantly with my nose to the grind stone, always thinking of what I have to do next. That's why these past few days have been nice to take a breather! Anyway, on to the outfits, eh?



Monday
I have been staying away from Target specifically to avoid buying any clothing from them. Why, you may ask? Because, simply put, I usually buy way too much there. But I wanted to get some shoe-shapers for a pair of leather strappy wedges so I relented and finally paid Target a visit. (Btw, can you believe that they don't even sell shoe-shapers there? I know, right?!) Anyhoo, when I ended up in the dressing room I had much to try on and I was not happy at the prospect of having to pick and choose what to buy from all the things I'd liked on the hanger. But luckily not everything fit well or looked good in my opinion. Often times something like that makes me cry, but in this case, it made me decision easy. Only 3 things fit to my liking and made me feel good wearing them. One of those items was this lace dress. I really like the dusty rose color and the way it goes so well with brown. I especially like how those two colors set off my hair and complexion. And lace with leopard print? Hells yes! I think I look pretty smoking if I do say so myself. :)
Dusty Rose Lace Dress - Target; Leopard Print Cropped Cardigan - JCPenney; Leopard Print Jeweled Heels - Ideeli

 Tuesday
 Well lookee, here. A good old faithful combo has made its way back - the tee-shirt and skirt! This tulle skirt is the second item from my Target trip. I'd been wanting one for a while. It reminds me of a skirt that I should have had in high school because it totally falls in line with my HS style. It's funny but this is probably an outfit I would have worn back then too, maybe with a more graphic print or an ironic slogan instead. But still, this is definitely reminiscent of my old style. I couldn't help but to play with that purple and red combo again. The photos I took against the exterior of my BF's shop. I really like how the colors pop against the white backdrop.
Feather Print T-Shirt - Target; Black Tulle Skirt - Target; Black & White Checkered Flats - Payless

 Wednesday
With the impending holiday break I had much to get done at work on my last day of the week. I knew I'd be at my desk for most of the day and even for extended periods of time but also knew that if I had to get up or do a small amount of running around I wanted to feel comfortable. I immediately thought of the final item that I bought from Target, this long sleeved cardigan. I don't have any long sleeved cardigans because I often feel easily over-heated in long sleeved tops. However this one is thin enough that it shouldn't be an issue. Plus it's super soft. I wish I had thought of this when taking the photos, but the upper part of the back has been delicately crocheted and it's really pretty. I wore a loose fitting tank top with a bow embellishment beneath. As loose as the tank is, I was a bit worried that my shape might be lost beneath all the drapey layers. But I think the angle and the length of the cardigan helps to elongate my torso. And skinny jeans and heels help to further the elongated look.
Pink Bow Tank - Target; Cream Crocheted Cardigan - Target; Skinny Leg Jeans - Old Navy; Floral Print Rounded Toe Pumps - Journeys

No comments:

Post a Comment