Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Outfit Mashup - Bursts of Color

Tsk, tsk. I know. I've been bad. I haven't posted in a few days, so now I am so totally backlogged on all the outfits from this past week. Looks like it's time for a serious mashup, huh?

Now that it's March, the countdown for Spring is in full swing. While it's still chilly and not quite Spring-like weather yet, I've been trying to incorporate nods to the season in my outfits. This week it seems like the definite trend was bursts of bright colors. After Winter, it certainly feels invigorating and fresh to see more color.
Floral Dress - I <3 Ronson via JCPenney; Belt - Came with Dress; Striped Cardi - Agenda via Marshall's; Gold Peep Toe Platforms - Isabel Toledo via Payless
 I started the week off with a floral print dress from a recent shopping trip to JCPenney. At first I was thinking to layer something on top of it with a corresponding color from the print. But something made me think to try this combo instead with a striped cardi. I'm glad I did, I like the stripes with the floral print. And instead I used my tights to implement more color. The dress came with this leather hardware belt and I like the contrast of sweet and rough, so I went with it. The gold shoes echoes the metal from the hardware of the belt, tying it together nicely.
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Crocheted Detail Top - Unity via JCPenney; Black Lace Cami - Worthington via JCPenney; Jeggings - Hue via DSW; Black Pumps - Fioni via Payless
Since I have a hard time sitting on new clothes, I based my outfit on yet another piece recently purchased from JCPenney. The top already adds so much color to the outfit, so I layered a black cami under to keep the colorful top the main focus. Then I kept it simple with a pair of jeggings and some black pumps. For little extra bursts of color, without detracting from the top, I wore a pair of pink socks and a brightly colored glass bead necklace.
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Black & Grey Striped Empire Waist Top - Rhapsody via Ross; Cropped Floral Lace Hoodie - Love By Design via JCPenney; Skinny Jeans - Old Navy; Red Peep Toes - Poetic License via Ideeli
Here I am yet again, wearing a new piece of clothing, a hoodie this time, from JCPenney. It was on the clearance rack, I think I paid $7. I really liked it, and though I have some difficulty styling cropped tops sometimes, I knew I'd be sad if I didn't buy it. I paired it with an empire waist top, and retaining the theme from Monday, mixing some stripes with florals. I really like how the two work together. The stripes add a rock and roll feel while the floral keeps it feminine. And then the shoes are of course, very feminine. What can I say? I will always be ultra-feminine at heart. :)
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Peach Top with Embroidered Bib - Carolyn Taylor via Ross; Striped Skirt - Mossimo Supply Co via Target; Suede Booties - ShoeDazzle
 I haven't worn this skirt in a while and on Thursday I decided to give it a spin. I took some liberties with the top since the coral kind of matches the orange in the skirt. If you look real closely, you can tell, but it works I think. Luckily I had a pair of tights that matched the purple/pink color in the skirt. I wasn't sure which shoes to wear since I didn't need anymore bright colors. Then I realized the taupe color of these booties matches up pretty closely to the skirt as well. Yay! To tie the black in from the booties, I wore the cameo necklace. I was really happy with the results of it all.
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫
Green & Blue Striped Sundress - Old Navy; White Lace Tank - August Silk via Ross; Blue Oversized Cardi - Mossimo via Target; Blue & Green Lace Up Espadrilles - Old Navy
So the weird thing about this outfit is that I got the dress and shoes both at Old Navy. Since they are so similar in style, one might assume I bought them together. But really I bought the shoes about 4 or 5 years ago. Then I saw the dress there about 2 years ago and was like "OMG it was meant to be!" Lol, ok maybe I didn't really say that but I was definitely excited. You've heard me say it before, I love themes. Color themes are no exception. I don't always wear the shoes and dress together, but it's been a while since I've worn either so I simply couldn't resist. The rest of the outfit came together seamlessly, with the white tank, the blue cardi and the grey tights. I mixed in some silver, white, blue and green accessories and my look was complete.

Have a great rest of the weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment