Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Outfit Mashup - Animal Instincts

Hello, you beautiful people, you! We have an outfit mashup here to help us catch up as it's been a busy week. Yesterday I must admit, I actually took the day off to spend with my dear friend on her birthday. And we spent the day shopping, so you know I was pretty busy. ;) Actually it was very tiring and I just couldn't find the energy to do anything once I got home. But I can't wait to show off what I got! This shopping trip I actually didn't buy a lot of clothes, just two skirts. I focused mainly on accessories and shoes. I later found some interesting themes that connected everything I purchased without even realizing it at first. It seems my focus yesterday was on gold, pink, purple, floral prints and polka dots. You'll just have to stay tuned to see everything!


Pearl Neck Halter Top - Dots; Leopard Print Cardigan - Worthington via JCPenney; Camo Print Skinny Pants - Old Navy; Leopard Print Platforms - Qupid via Tree Fashions
After a week of lots of dressing up, by Monday was I ready to wear some pants. Buuuuut as you know, I have a hard time not putting some sort of girly spin on my outfits. So pants it was, camo print at that. Next, I thought of this halter top, with pearl embellishments around the neckline. It's feminine with the pearls, but since it's pretty basic beyond that it's not overly feminine. And again with the leopard print cardigan, it's feminine without being over the top. Plus I like that the ruched shoulders lend to the military theme from the pants. The silhouette is pretty structured compared to my usual silhouettes. And to bottom if off, I had to go pretty girly with the shoes. I guess I could've gone just a wee bit more girly, but we're definitely on that end of the spectrum. I mean, leopard print platforms with lace footies? Yeah, that's girly alright. Ok and so are the accessories, because really what guys do you know walking around with a flower headband, a charm bracelet with a leopard print heart and a big flower ring on, all at the same time? Mmmhmm, that's what I thought.
▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫


Zebra Print Dress - En Focus Studios via Ross; Gray Ruffled Cardigan - International Concepts via JCPenney; White Medallion Wedges - Dexter via Payless
Tuesday was actually an exciting day for me because it was my and my BF's anniversary. While we didn't have a chance to go out and celebrate that night (can't wait until this weekend though!), I still wanted to dress up anyway. I'm just a romantic to the core! To be honest, I've had this dress for a while and have just been waiting for the right time to wear it. Tuesday was definitely that day. The dress is already a lot, with the loud print and the beaded applique under the bust line, so I didn't have to do too much else with it. I threw the ruffled cardigan on to cover my arms (the dress has straps, no sleeves) and I like how it softens the look up a bit. I took the soft gray and pulled it into the tights. The shoes I chose were white wedges, but they have a gorgeous strappy medallion detail, so they add some additional visual interest to the look without competing with the zebra print. My accessories I kept silver and black. And I had to go with a red lip. It was my anniversary after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment