Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Have A Green & Gold Saint Patrick's Day

Happy Saturday all! I was so very happy to celebrate the end of the week with a good friend last night. The weather yesterday was perfect, I only wish I could have spent more time outside. But today is beautiful as well, just a wee bit chillier. I am thrilled that tomorrow marks the official start of Spring. Luckily it has already been feeling like Spring around here with milder temps than usual. I guess the groundhog was accurate in his prediction this year! Speaking of nice weather, Thursday was a pretty nice day as well. I was fortunate enough to be able to get outside and take some photos at the park.



Green Lace Embellished Tank - Old Navy; Taupe Crocheted Shrug - Spense via Ross; Gold & Black Banded Skirt - 213 via HauteLook; Black Gold Studded Peep Toes - Dexter via Payless

So everyone knows you have to wear green on Saint Patrick's Day, but I didn't want to go all green. What other color can be affiliated with the holiday, I thought. Why, gold of course! As in a pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow. I decided on wearing this gold skirt with a green tank top, I just had to pin down the specifics. So I pulled out my green tank tops on Thursday and decided on the brightest green I had. Since I was planning on wearing the skirt high-waisted, I didn't have many options for a top layer to wear over the tank. I knew it had to be something cropped and fitted. The list of needs pretty much left me with only one option for this outfit, but luckily it was an option that worked. I pinned the crocheted shrug together with a gold flower brooch. Since I wanted the green and gold to be the main focus of the outfit, I didn't want to wear black tights. This taupe pair of  patterned fishnets worked well, along with the black pair of gold studded peep toes. I finished it all off with a few green and gold accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment