Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Have An Attack of Stripes & Florals Day

Sorry for the lack of outfit posts this past week. I ended up working from home Wednesday and Thursday and didn't put together any outfits, so no photos. But Friday I was back to work at the office and it was perfect timing to showcase my new shoes! It was also a perfect outfit to pick-up an already reoccurring theme for me this Spring - stripes & florals!!
Grey & Navy Striped Dress - Merona via Target; Blush Pink Tank - Faded Glory via Walmart; Grey Sweater - BCBGMaxAzria via Burlington Factory; Floral Platform Mary Janes - ShoeDazzle
When I saw my showroom from ShoeDazzle this month, I was completely torn. Usually only 1 or 2 pairs jump out at me as 'must-haves' but this month there were 4 shoes that I couldn't decide between. Eventually I decided on these floral print platform Mary Janes. I'm pretty happy with my decision. :)

In preparation for these new shoes, I must confess I bought a few pieces at Target. This dress was a great find. I can see where I will get a lot of use out of it this summer because it's a nice lightweight fabric in one of my go-to silhouettes. To style it for this outfit, I layered a blush pink tank beneath it and a grey over-sized sweater on top since it's still chilly here in the DC area. I finished it with some navy tights, a vintage pink pearl necklace, a pink & blue pearl bracelet and blue floral filigree earrings. I love this outfit, I really do. I just can't seem to stay away from the combo of stripes and florals. I love how depending on the colors, the cuts and the fabrics,stripes/floral look can vary from being rocker to sweetly feminine or even nautical in this case. What do you think of stripes and florals together?

No comments:

Post a Comment