Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Have A Short Skirt on a Windy Day

So I'm not going to lie, I was not feeling so great Friday morning. Rather than dress down to reflect my mood, I decided to dress up in hopes that maybe it would lift my mood. I've had this fun floral dress since my trip to JCPenney and Friday was just the day to wear it.
 
Floral Tank Dress - via JCPenney; White Shrug - Dots; Nude Peep Toe Platforms - Guess via DSW

With the forecast for Friday looking to bring temps to the low 70's I didn't feel like wearing tights. I wanted at least my feet uncovered to be able to breath. I tried some leggings beneath this dress but I just didn't like how any of them looked with it. I was stuck on not wanting to wear tights. And anyway, you know what puts me in a good mood usually? Being daring and showing off. So I took the plunge and decided to flaunt my legs. To stretch the look of my legs a wee bit, I donned my nude platforms. Since I was showing enough skin on my bottom half, I covered the tank of the dress with a white shrug. It was simple outfit finished off with a few floral accessories. The outfit (and the compliments I received) and the weather lifted my spirits for sure. What's your trick for for dressing when you're in an icky mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment