Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Have A Fat Tuesday!

Tuesday was Mardi Gras and it gave me another excuse to dress with a theme. Laissez les bon temps rouler! :)

I was really excited about my outfit for Mardi Gras because it meant I finally got to wear the dress I scored thrifting for my birthday. It was a little too long so I had to have the hem taken up (I may be learning to sew, but I was definitely not comfortable with doing the job myself), so that's why I haven't had a chance to wear it yet. But I finally got it fixed and was ready to wear it Tuesday.
Maxi Dress - Candies via Thrifted; Purple Cropped Cardi - Worthington via JCPenney; Black Cami - Hechts; Black Pumps - Fioni via Payless

I found this cropped cardi at JCPenney recently and didn't even realize until I came home how perfectly the color matched the purple color of the dress. This is a pretty simple outfit since the dress takes center stage. All I needed, aside from the cardi, was a cami to layer beneath and some footwear. Keeping it simple, I went with my black pumps and some knee-high fishnets. I kept the accessories black as well. No need to add anymore color to this look! 


What do you think of my maxi dress thrift store find? I still can't believe I got so lucky to find it on the rack, in my size and with the tags still on. The colors and the length are so timely, I can't believe someone gave this away!

No comments:

Post a Comment