Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Have A Ladylike Day

Can I admit something to you? I totally cheated for this photo...but first let me explain! This is what I wore Friday (no outfit post for Thursday - I was just too tired for photos that day) but the BF and I went out for dinner as soon as I got home from work and by the time I would have been able to take photos, I was just not feeling it anymore. So I instead took these photos on Saturday. Sure, I could have never said a word and you would have been none the wiser. But I am all for openness and honesty so why would I lie to you, my dear reader! :)

Tee shirt - Old Navy; Skirt - Thrifted; Booties - Seychelles; Belt - Thrifted

I absolutely adore wearing this outfit. I felt so ladylike in it. It all started with the skirt, which was a thrift store find. The minute I saw the pattern, I fell in love. It's definitely a newer piece, but it just seemed so vintage to me. Honestly, it reminds me of scarves that both of my grandmother's would have worn. Then I paired it with a pretty basic navy tee shirt. The only detailing there, which doesn't come across on the photos as well, are the little sleeves. There are three tiered, ruffly sleeves that have little eyelets on two of them. I couldn't help but belt it. I need to feel that my waist was defined, plus I think it goes with the whole vintage feel of the outfit. I'm actually reading a book on the history of fashion now, since that's obviously something I'd like to bone up on. So I'm going to take a stab at it....I think this outfit reminds of something from the late 40's or 50's. What do you think?


Oh yes and the booties! Oh, the booties! I was on a mission towards the end of the summer to find a pair of booties. Easy, you might say, since there are so many styles out now. But seriously, I looked all over stores and didn't find what I was looking for. I wanted a bootie with a chunky heel, not a stiletto one. I wanted leather, not suede. I wanted detailing, but not all this trendy stud detailing. I wanted something more timeless. And then I was looking online at some different Seychelles styles and found the "Dorothy" ones. I loved them, but not the price. Then it was like perfect timing, because just days later I found that they were on sale on UrbanOutfitters.com! Success was mine. Now if only the photos showed the booties off better...damn lighting...the booties definitely got a little overexposed. Oh well, I might just have to do a separate post of them one day, just to showcase them in all of their glory. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment