Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Have A Ruffles and Lace Day

Yay! The cooler weather stayed with us through the weekend and on Monday I thrilled to be able to wear layers. As much as the Summer can be easy to dress for by throwing on a simple dress or, ahem, a skirt and tee combo, I get tired of not being able to switch it up due to the heat.

Lace Camisole - Target; Ruffled Cardigan - Macy's; Sweater Skirt - Target; Satin Peep Toes - Target
I've been looking forward to wearing my sweater skirts again. I have this one in purple as well as one in gray. I love the texture of sweaters, but I have a hard time wearing them since they make me feel hot. So wearing a sweater in the form of a skirt is a cooler alternative!

You might not be able to tell from the photos, but the camisole not only has lace trim, it also has a lace pattern printed on it. I love the play on textures with the lace against the sweater. And how could a lacey outfit not be complete without some ruffles as well? The ruffled cardigan is so soft against my skin; it's very comfortable to wear.  I definitely love the feminine look of everything all together. It takes me back to my girly, prissy roots.


Since I was already going in the feminine direction, plus the play on textures, I thought my satin peep toes would go perfectly with the ensemble.  I also liked the idea of keeping the look purple monotone with the black, white & gray as neutral accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment