Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Have A Fashionista Day

This outfit is from Tuesday. That evening I was planning to attend an event held by a local meetup group that I'm a member of - The DC Fashionistas. It definitely called for a fun, trendy outfit since the event was about upcoming fall trends. The trends I went for were ruffles, the color purple and pearls, or in this case, faux pearls. I also had to throw my own twists into it, so I wore a purple & black feather flower clipped in my hair and one of my favorite pieces, a large white & gold flower cocktail ring.

Dress - Target; Striped Cardigan - Marshall's; Belt - Thrifted; Shoes - Payless


I love wearing this outfit so much. It's comfortable and yet I feel so chic in it. I bought the dress at Target and really like it, though the fit is a bit frustrating sometimes. The waist band doesn't come as far down as it should, in order to fall at the right place on my body. So I just threw a black belt on over the band to define my waist at its smallest width. It was another hot day out there, so it was nice to have the bare legs and I could take the top layer off when I got too hot from running around (which happened a few times that day!).

I needed to wear flats since it was Tuesday and I have drawing class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't like to sit while drawing at an easel, so I have to wear flats on the days I have class. I love that these gold flats are have a pointy tipped toe and some subtle pleating detail. I actually trekked all over to find these shoes since I had seen them at a Payless location that isn't the closest to me and didn't buy them. It was my mistake, because all the next day I was daydreaming about them, so I knew I had to have them. The problem was that I thought I might get lucky and find them at a Payless closer to me. Long story short, I had to go to three different locations before ending back up at the one I had originally seen them at. Oh well, at least I finally snagged them! :)



The evening with the Fashionistas was a lot of fun. I will be writing a full post all about that night, so I will give you lots more on that later, including plenty of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment