Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Have A Painterly Patterned Day

So as of Tuesday, we were still experiencing a renewed heat wave here in the DC area. Ok, whatevs, I can deal. I decided to go simple with this outfit. Like way simple,  at least by my standards folks. A dress, some wedge sandals, a headband, some post earrings and a necklace. To me it really doesn't ever get much simpler. Ok, you got me. I did have layer up with a camisole, since the neckline on this dress is just not going to work for me without something under there!

Dress - Marshall's; Camisole - JCPenney; Black Wedge Sandals - Payless
I snagged this dress at Marshall's and am so happy that I did. I don't have anything like it in my wardrobe, plus I *love* the colors in it, especially the bold red. This is a piece I can't wait to layer over leggings or with some colorful tights. But back to reality, as I said Tuesday was HOT! This dress is fantastic because it's a thin weave, hence it's breathable. One drawback, though, is that the fabric pulls taught across my legs while I'm seated, creating some not-so-lovely pleating towards the hem. Oh well, nothing an iron can't fix!


I'm noticing that most of the shoes that I have worn on this blog are from Payless. I knew that I had a lot of shoes from Payless, but I guess I never realized that they are the dominant source of shoes for me...lol! When it comes to shoes, all that matters to me is comfort, look & an affordable price. I think that Payless does have some really nice styles at an cheaper price point (plus their BOGO sales just make it that much easier to stock up [or go overboard!] on the cheap). Sometimes I will compromise a little on comfort, say for some 3 inch heels that work only if I'm sitting down most of the day...but overall I am pretty happy with my Payless shoe collection. One of these days though, I really would like to invest in a more expensive pair of shoes that will hopefully last a little longer and offer more comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment