Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Have A Farewell to Summer & A Hot Hot First Day of Fall

So Tuesday was officially the last day of summer. I've been totally cised for the changing of the seasons. I have definitely grown bored of my summer wardrobe and longing for more variety. Since the weather started to cool off a bit last weekend, I have been thoroughly enjoying getting to wear some pieces that have long been on my waiting list.

Top - Thrifted; Tank Top - Target; Leggings - Torrid; Teal Floral Flats - Payless

Enter this shirt. I bought it while on vacation this summer in the Outer Banks, NC. They have a good amount of thrift stores down there, and while I didn't make it out to all of them, I did get to peruse around a few and scored some sweet stuff! When I saw the colors and the pattern on this shirt, I got pretty excited. When I realized it fit, I felt like I had won some secret prize. Of course it doesn't fit 100%, as it is a little big on top, but with the built-in tie back, it makes the fit workable. And for the thrifted price, I wasn't going to stress about that.

Pairing the top with these cropped black leggings seemed like a natural choice. The top is so loose & flowy that I wanted to balance it out with a more defined shape on my lower half. Plus, leggings are just plain comfy and so is this top. I loved it, I felt like I was in pajamas all day, yet I also felt very put together.
































I've been trying to be more experimental lately with my necklaces, especially after watching Sal's (as in Sal from Already Pretty) video tutorial on creating a DIY Statement Necklace. I have always been a little afraid of wearing too many necklaces. You may not know yet, but over time you'll probably see, I can get a little accessory happy. This is another thing I have been mindful of lately, but I am realizing that there is still room for fun. So in the spirit of Sal's video, I created my own statement necklace with two pieces. The shorter necklace has a black & white peacock pendant on it, with some chunky black, white & gray beads along the chain. The longer necklace already has some layering going on, with chains & beaded strands in various lengths, so it lends itself to the look pretty easily. I kept the rest of my accessories toned down and to a minimum so the look didn't seem overwhelming. I'm happy with how it looks in the photos! I am going to challenge myself to keep trying new combinations with my accessories.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tuesday was the last day of Summer and it was super chilly in the morning though it warmed up a bit by the afternoon. Wednesday was the first day of Fall and it was a sticky, hot day. Woah, not what I expected! Maybe Mother Nature just can't make up her mind? Or maybe I jinxed myself when I got super excited for cooler temps? Either way, hot it was and so for the heat I must dress.
Blouse - H & M; Jean Skirt - Old Navy; Black Sandals - Target; Belt - ?? Can't remember









































Can you guys tell I'm at least trying to switch it up here? Instead of a tee shirt I chose to pair my jean skirt with a light weight blouse that handles the heat well. I got it at H & M recently, and when I saw the print I loved it. I really adore prints that have lots of color, since the possibilities are endless when it comes to possible color combinations when pairing other clothing and accessories with a print. Here I decided to go with pink as my accent color with some filigree earrings and a pink flowered ring. The navy pearl necklace echoes the pops of darker blue in the pattern.

The one thing about this top is that it is a bit billowy, so I had to belt it to get some shape back. I honestly can't remember where I got this belt from. I'm thinking it may have come as a decorative belt on some jeans. Anyway, I liked playing off the denim skirt with the belt. It was a drawing class day so I had to keep it simple with some flats, but I really like the Grecian style of these, especially the braiding detail that runs down one side.

No comments:

Post a Comment