Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Have A Dressy Monday

I'm probably not unique in the fact that I have a hard time with Mondays sometimes.I've always disliked them, but lately especially (working Monday-Saturday might be helping with this sentiment) I can't stand when they roll around. So, in a tactic that falls along the lines of the "Kill Them with Kindness" strategy, I kill my mopey Monday feeling by dressing up a bit. Inside I'm feeling "BLAH!" but outside, I feel cute and put together. It sounds silly, but it really does help me get through Monday a lot easier when I'm dressed up and feeling good about how I look.


Vintage 70's Dress - Thrifted; Belt - Kohl's; Purple Wedges - Payless
This was another sweet thrift store find from my vacation. The store that I found it at was the best one too, it felt like I had literally walked into someones overstuffed closet. There was something in every inch and corner of this place to look at and oogle. The store is called Something Old, Something New. I definitely encourage anyone who ever finds themselves down in Nags Head, NC to check this place out. Like the name suggests, they have plenty of things new and old alike. But obviously I found myself drawn to their vintage stuff, more than anything. Being a thick, curvy girl, it can get to be a bit discouraging going into a vintage clothing shop. I fall in love with the look of so many pieces, but hardly ever find anything that fits. When I saw this dress, I loved that it was so simple and I thought the print was adorable. Plus, it was on the sale rack (for $10!?!?)! I was beyond elated when I tried it on and found that it fit. That was not the only thing I walked away with that day either. I wound up getting some vintage earrings, vintage scarves and a new pair of blue suede wedges. I was definitely a very happy girl that day.



As I've mentioned before, I love colorful patterns. The belt has just about every one of the colors in the dress, so I had to get it. With my accessories, I didn't want to go too crazy with all the different colors, because I wanted to the dress to stand out more than anything. So I chose purple wedges, a purple headband, blue flower stud earrings, a silver necklace and a silver & rhinestone cocktail ring. With the lightweight fabric of the dress, and the low key accessories, it was perfect for yet another hot and humid day. And to be honest, Monday didn't turn out to be that bad a day after all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment