Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Have A Stylish Day - Outfit Mashup

In order to try and catch up so that I can post timelier daily outfits, I've mashed up the three remaining outfits from last week into one post. So let's get started shall we?

Embellished Tee-Shirt - Ross; Skirt - JCPenney; Sandals - Payless
Wednesday: Once again we are continuing on the theme of pretty hot days, so wow, big surprise - I opted for a tee shirt and skirt combo! I'm telling you guys, on the humid, swampy days that we get around here, this the best way for me to get through the day while staying comfortable. I especially love this skirt. It was an impulse buy while standing in line to return another piece of clothing. The fabric is super stretchy but it still stays so breathable on icky hot days. The tee shirt I found at Ross. I keep finding myself drawn to that color in clothing. I liked that it wasn't a completely plain tee, due to the pleating detail around the bib. I like using this combination of colors together often, but I felt I needed a little more color up top to balance out the bottom. I decided to go a bolder with my necklace choice than usual, and actually wore three necklaces together. I was happy with the results and liked how I was able to hit off all of the colors in the skirt.

Shirt - Old Navy; Skirt - Old Navy; Brown Oxford Flats - Isaac Mizrahi for Target; Belt - H & M
Thursday: So do I kind of get away with this one since the top is more like a sleeveless tee with ruffle detailing, rather than just a straight up tee? Because it was another hot one that day. On the days that I have Drawing Class, not only do I have to worry about what shoes I'm wearing. I also have to think about breathability since I have to trek from the parking garage to class with my purse plus my huge portfolio case.  This shirt definitely allows for breathability. Sometimes I feel a bit modest when wearing it and wear a camisole underneath, because the arm holes are tad larger than I desire. But on Thursday, I threw caution to the wind and opted for dry underarms. The skirt was a clearance rack score, and it has already paid for itself several times over in use and wear. I found myself going to this skirt more than any others over the summer due to its versatility. Plus it's so lightweight and comfy. I love the pairing of it with a red top. I felt like with the top though, it was so much pattern that it might be swallowing up my shape, so I threw the skinny leather braided belt on top to emphasize my waist. And to echo the leather belt, I wore a pair of brown leather oxford flats.

Dress - Target; Belt - Macy's; Shoes - Yellow Box from DSW
Friday: Now here's an outfit to finally break up the skirt and tee ones. Granted it's just as easy in the hot weather. Funny thing though, I dressed with the heat in mind since the forecast was calling for yet another scorcher. I guess it turns out though that Mother Nature had something else in mind, because Friday was the day we finally started getting some drier, cooler temps. I'm not complaining though. I live for 70 degree weather. This dress has an elastic band that runs around the waist, but as in other cases, the band is a bit higher than I want it. Plus it's a thin waist band so it doesn't add much structure. I've been pretty belt obsessed lately, so I wanted to define my waist with this awesome reversible belt I have. It's silly though, because I've had this belt since the Spring and I only just realized that it's reversible. It's white on one side and silver on the other. All this time I had been thinking, "It would be so nice if I could reverse this to use the silver side every so often!" I had even examined it before to see if it was possible. I guess sometimes you just have to come at some things with a fresh mind and new perspective to see things in a new light.

Oh yeah, another thing about this dress is that like many V-neck cut dresses, it comes down a bit too much over the chest. Since I was dressing with the humidity in mind, I didn't feel like wearing a camisole beneath like I usually do. I opted to use a cute silver bow shaped brooch as a closure device and it seemed to work pretty well throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment