Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Have A Back on Track Day

Hello lovely people! Remember me? I wouldn't blame you if you don't. I've been more than just a little scarce lately. Trust me, your not the only ones I've neglected. I know my mom has been missing me and I've got a friend that I've been meaning to call since school started... I'm trying to get back on track now though. For the past few weeks, I've been painstakingly hand sewing a hat for my clothing construction class. While I'm incredibly pleased to be finished, the road to completion was not an easy one and it seemed to take some sort of mental strangle hold on me. Now that I am finished, I feel like my head has cleared! And I am once again ready to commit myself to blogging, so fear not my pretties. :)
Olive Ribbed Tank - Old Navy; Teal Crocheted & Cropped Cardi - Old Navy; Green & Blue Paisley Skirt - Thrifted; Olive Wedge Booties - Old Navy
So to get back on track, I'm just going to dive right in and start with yesterday's outfit! I'll work on compiling all of the outfits from the past few weeks, so I'll keep you posted. But on to yesterday, which by the looks of it was an Old Navy day for sure. Hehe, I swear these things go unplanned. It just so happens that Old Navy has a very signature color scheme so their pieces from different seasons always seem to go so well together. It's been wet and humid here, which has been making getting dressed a bit unpleasant. I'm in a mood for Fall and layering, but with the humidity it's difficult to pull off layers (or keep them on really! Yar har, I crack myself up). Sure, indoors it works, but the instant I walk outside I'm feeling stifled and just plain uncomfortable. This is a layered look that does work however. I love how the olive green is the common denominator throughout the ensemble, but the skirt is so vibrant so the olive doesn't overwhelm the look.

Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment