Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Have A Your Momma Wears Combat Boots Day

So you know how last post I was saying that the previous extent of my boot wearing was short lived in high school? Well these are the Doc Martens that I needed so badly. Heh. And of course I only wore them a handful of times. And in the last 7 years I'm not sure I've even worn them once. But I decided it was finally time to bring them back out of retirement this season. Boots are everywhere and I've been getting boot envy! But I've had a perfectly good pair of my own just waiting to be styled for this season's looks.
Long Sleeved Lace Tee - Charlotte Russe; Olive Ribbed Tank - Old Navy; Red Satin Strapped Tank - Old Navy; White Drapey Cardigan - Target; Skinny Leg Jeans - Old Navy; Black Lace Up Doc Martens - Smash Records (the old Georgetown Location)
I gotta say, this outfit just magically put itself together. I really didn't have to do too much except verify that it all looked good together like I thought it did in my head. I've been wanting to try red and olive together since I've been thinking of new ways to wear the color olive. And I've been waiting for a cool enough day to wear the long sleeved lace tee (and doesn't it figure that the forecast was calling for cooler temps than what we actually got...womp womp). And then the long cardigan acted as a nice top layer to cover my somewhat bare arms and shoulders. For the accessories I kept it way simple with just a black & red headband and a necklace with silvery gray baubles.
I definitely felt like a rocker girl for the day, a look that was my signature in high school. Nowadays its a pretty stark contrast to my more romantic and dressy tendencies. This is why I love clothing though, because it has such the ability to transform through something as easy as putting on a pair of boots and layering some tops. How easy would it be for you to transform your look for the day with items that are already in your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment